This week and my friend Khoa and I took a break from campus dining and decided to invent our own creative dish. Our cooking experimentation reminded me that it is possible to create delicous cuisine with limited funding and time. Its amazing what we were able to make with a couple fresh veggies, rice, chicken, and some simple spices. This delicous, roasted veggie and chicken currey dish, was easy, quick, delicous, and tasty. For college students like myself who are broke for money and time, this dish is managable.
Here's all you need to do:
Ingrediants (4 servings)
Red and Green Peppers
Coconut milk or yogurt
Salt and pepper
1) Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees and begin to prepare rice
2) Cut up veggies (halk inch thick) and place them on a cooking sheet.
3) Paint olive oil onto veggies and bake for 10-15 minutes or untill crispy
4) While, veggies are cooking combine curry powder, garlic, cumin,sugar, salt, and coconut milk in a medium saucepan on medium heat. You can also add corn starch and yogurt to make it thicker.
5) Once the veggies are done, mix them together with the rice, chicken, and currey sauce.
Voila, there you have a quick, easy dish. Let me know what you think :)